Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Surgery Update #1

This is truly the worst day of my life. I didn't sleep. I was worried about surgery. I was worried she would wake up in the middle of the night and be hungry. It was freezing in the room, and she kept kicking her blankets off.

This morning I've cried more than I ever thought I could cry. She woke up right before they wheeled her out of the CVICU room. She smiled at mommy and daddy. We walked behind the team who pushed her down the hall. We gave her kisses. She kissed us back, and gave us her big gummy smiles while she kicked her little baby feet up in the air. In a way it was a relief to know that she was happy, and not scared at all. But it also broke my heart having to say goodbye when she was awake. They wheeled her off to the OR. That's when Marlon and I lost it...again.

Here we sit. 50 minutes later. Waiting for the surgeon to talk to us before he goes into the OR. They told us surgery could take 4-6 hours...or more. Everyone says she'll do great. Our nurse last night kept telling me how big she is. It was good to have s nurse say that for once. They said she's done amazing. And the fact that we brought a healthy baby in for this is a huge step forward. Now we wait...we wait for the surgeon. We wait for each call from the OR. We wait for the surgeon to tell us that it's done and she's okay.We wait until we can finally see our sweet baby girl again.

2 comments:

  1. Sending lots of hugs and prayers to you all! She is a trooper and so are you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Th hospital she is at is awesome and so are the nurses and doctors. She will do great in there. Thanks for keeping us updated. We are sending lots of prayers your way!!!

    ReplyDelete