Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Happy 5 Months!

I cannot believe that our little girl is five months old today.  Seriously, where has the time gone?  She's turning into a little girl, and we're two weeks post open heart surgery.  She is doing wonderful.  I can't ask for anything more.

What an exciting day it was.  We had an appointment with our pediatrician today.  They wanted us to see her just as a follow up after surgery.  I'm so excited to say that she gained 8 ounces since we've been home, and that's just with straight breast milk!  She's been eating 32-35 ounces a day, and you would still sometimes think we're starving her.  The pediatrician suggested that we could start solids when we were ready.  Seriously, back to that turning into a little girl thing.  I can't believe we're already at this point in our lives!  Her expressions and personality are coming out more and more every day.  She laughs, smiles, pouts, and gives baby kisses.  She makes some really adorable faces too.  She is definitely a mommy's girl these days!  She loves her daddy, but it's pretty much a given that by late evening, she only wants her mommy.  Her current favorite toy is her purse.  Though she loves pretty much anything she can get in her mouth.  And of course things that have bright lights and play music.  She also LOVES her feet.  She's constantly kicking her legs up in the air, pulling at her feet, and putting them in her mouth.  It's so cute!  I'm sure we will both be relieved when we can resume our normal activities.  Kennedy and I are both getting bored at home alllll the time, and not being able to use most of her big toys! 

Playing with her baby feet!!!!

The glasses are still a little too big!

We also decided to go ahead and give Kennedy her first taste of solids tonight.  My plan is to make her food, but I wanted to make sure she was actually interested before I got into all the preparation.  It was funny and interesting to say the least!  We gave her carrots.  I don't think she loved them, but I also don't think she hated them.  We'll continue to try, until she gets it.  I'm going to give her carrots for a few days, and then move onto something more fun like avocado!  

What the heck is about to happen mom?  What's the orange stuff in that bowl?

MOM!  What the heck is THAT? And why am I eating it?

I don't know mom, are you sure I'm supposed to eat this?

Have you ever tasted this stuff???

Mom, I really don't know about this.  Have anything ele?

1 comment:

  1. She is so cute! Good luck with the food preparation...I wish I had done that, but I am just too lazy. She is definitely becoming a sweet young lady. You all remain in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete