Thursday, October 4, 2012

{31 for 21} Perfection

Kennedy is perfect, in absolutely every way.  There was never a doubt in my mind about this.  When she was born I was scared to death.  There were fears about her health, her future, and the unknown.  But never once did I feel like having an extra chromosome made her less than perfect.  However, I know that there are some people in society that perceive anyone with a disability as not being perfect.  Not just Trisomy 21, but any disability.  My fear is that people will perceive her as not being normal or not being perfect, just because she has an extra chromosome or what they consider "different." 

Every day I am reminded just how perfect she is.  The way she smiles, the way she laughs, the way she looks at me with her big beautiful eyes.  The pure joy that I see in her face.  The song "Just the Way You Are" by Bruno Mars pretty much sums up how I feel about Kennedy.  Everything about her is perfect, and I wouldn't change her.  That's not to say that I don't wish she didn't have to work so hard, and I wish she didn't have to face the obstacles that she will likely face in life.  I hope she never has to deal with anyone who perceives her as anything less than the perfect individual that she is, but unfortunately, she probably will.

I've seen a lot of videos and read a lot of stories, blogs, and articles since Kennedy was born.  Many have brought tears to my eyes.  Some tears of sadness, but mostly tears of joy and happiness.  The link below is no exception.  This story is truly amazing.  I highly suggest you take the time to watch it.  But be warned, it's best to have a box of tissues near by.

E:60 - Perfect

And speaking of perfection.  Here are some photos from yesterday.  Kennedy had her first trip to the arcade.  Despite being VERY overtired she enjoyed every minute of the time she spent at Dave & Buster's.

Dancing with Grandma at the table!




Winning big!

Yay!  So proud of her winnings, clapping for how well she did.

Moving on to the next game, watching closely to see her points add up!

Playing the next round!

Tickets adding up quick!

So proud and ready to cash in her tickets!

1 comment:

  1. My entire keyboard is drowning right now from my waterworks. Thank you for sharing that video. I am definitely sharing as well.

    ReplyDelete