Saturday, May 14, 2011

Setting a Record! (And Tales From the Dinner Table!)

What an exciting week this has been!  It certainly isn't because I got so much accomplished around the house - my husband will tell you that first hand.  Kennedy had a pretty busy social calendar which included two playdates.  The love bugs are gone and we finally were able to really enjoy the pool yesterday!   

Kennedy modeling her new swimsuit!


In other news - the change to Level 2 nipples has been a HUGE success.  Kennedy can now drink a 3.5 ounce bottle in under 20 minutes!  Up until now, these feedings sometimes took up to 2.5 hours!  Not only is she eating in record time, she's eating in record amounts!  Today she took 24 ounces!!!  And the best part about it - I don't have to obsess anymore.  She takes her bottles, and she takes them well.  I can actually enjoy my time with her and not feel like all I do is force feed her.  Now, of course there is a trade off.  She has once again, pretty much stopped breastfeeding.  However, after changing the nipples, I see that it really is easier for her to take the bottle.  She doesn't get sleepy, she doesn't breathe as hard, and she's taking more.  So I'll be comfort nursing between now and surgery, and crossing my fingers that she'll go back to breastfeeding after surgery.  But, I'm not going to get my hopes up.

It has been so nice to enjoy things and not worry about how much Kennedy is eating, or trying to force her to finish a bottle the whole time.  Tonight we took Kennedy to dinner at The Melting Pot, to celebrate our first Anniversary (on Sunday.)  I was extremely worried that Kennedy would decide to be "that" baby during dinner, especially since the average dinner at The Melting Pot lasts 2-3 hours!  Lucky for us, Kennedy did a great job.  She was a perfect angel and the hit of the restaurant.  

Celebrating Mommy and Daddy's First Anniversary!


1 comment:

  1. Don't get discouraged about her nursing after surgery. Lots of babies go back to it once they're repaired including my Reagan. Happy Anniversary and may you have many more!

    ReplyDelete