Thursday, May 19, 2011

Happy 3 Months Kennedy!!

She decided to kick of her day with holding and shaking her rattle for the first time.  Then she decided it would be more fun to drop it every time you handed it to her.  Apparently she'll be a fan of the "dropsies" game. 

She also made some ridiculously adorable faces.  I just love all of her expressions!




I still can't get over the fact that she's already three months old.  I think this makes her surgery even more realistic.  It's getting so close.  When they told us about it in the NICU, it felt like an eternity.  Now it's right around the corner.  I'm completely terrified.  I came across this quote today; "You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have."  No matter how much I feel like I can't get through this - I know that somehow, we will.  I remember sitting in the NICU saying, "I can't do this."  Obviously, I was going to.  But I had no idea how.  Some how, some way - I've mustered up the strength to get through it.  And I think we're doing a pretty darn good job.  That said, I'm completely terrified of surgery, and I have no idea how I'm going to get through it.  I don't have a choice.  I need to figure out how to get through it, and find the strength, just as I have for the past three months.  

I also came across this article today.  It was truly inspiring and brought tears to my eyes.  This is the kind of world that I want my daughter to grow up in. 
Prom King and Queen

4 comments:

  1. Those pictures are adorable, especially the first one! And I loved that article you posted, makes my heart very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love her pictures!
    and I loved that article!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll do what you have to do because the old you is gone - and a full fledged mother has taken her place! Mothers are the most amazing creatures God has ever created - they have the strength to deal with everything they have to, for the sake of the precious life they've been given to nurture and to protect! You inspire us & make us proud every day! What a wonderful family you've become!!

    ReplyDelete