Wednesday, June 22, 2011

What Happened To My Baby?

It's like ever since Kennedy turned four months old, she's not a baby any more.  She's turning into a little girl.  This week has been filled with so many new things.  My mom came over to visit for a few days, and she even said that she's like a completely different baby compared to last week.  Yesterday she started laughing hysterically.  I'm not sure why she thought I was so funny, but she was cracking up!  It wasn't the little baby giggles that we've been hearing from time to time.  It was non-stop laughing with an ear to ear smile.  It was definitely one of the greatest mom moments to date.

Let's see - what else has she been doing?  She's finds extreme joy out of making raspberries.  This typically means a mouth full of breast milk being spit out.  If you do it, she'll copy you.  It's adorable.  She was doing it tonight at the dinner table and it was nonstop laughs for Grandma and I!  Do you all remember my post awhile ago about how Kennedy was gagging herself when she took her Lasix, and then throwing up?  Well, that's a thing of the past.  Now she completely seals her mouth and sucks in her bottom lip.  Oh, and I can't forget that she now tries to fight me and usually the syringe goes flying through the air.  This morning it ended up all over her head and hair.  Speaking of this morning....Kennedy has decided to perform acrobatics in her sleep.  I'm thinking it may be time to move her to her crib, otherwise Daddy and I will not be getting much sleep.  She's taken to rotating and moving around our bed.  This morning at 5am, she was laying horizontally across the bed, with her feet up on my side.  So adorable, though I'm not quite sure how she managed it. 

Kennedy has been sucking her thumb for quite awhile now, but that's been taken to a whole new level lately.  Teething?  Maybe.  She will only tolerate tummy time, because it's easy access for putting her ENTIRE hand in her mouth.  Then she gags.  Her hands have definitely found their way to her mouth, as are her toys.  Only time will tell. 

Last but not least - my daughter has learned how to use an iPhone app.  We're in trouble now.  This is proof as to why I need an iPad.  I've been researching a lot of apps that can help children learn.  I've already downloaded a few to my iPhone.  We have several versions of flashcards and a "piano."  The piano app has always come in handy as a last resort for amusement while we're waiting in random doctor's offices.  Well, Kennedy has now learned that when she puts her hands and fingers on the phone, it makes noise.  She LOVES the piano app.  I guess we'll be going out to buy one of those infant size pianos this week. 

Poor quality image, but I didn't have a camera handy, and she was using my iPhone.  

Well, this toy is interesting mom.

 My thumb tastes really good!  (Followed by a head dive over the boppy.)

No comments:

Post a Comment