Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Smiles for Mommy and Other Ramblings

It hits me every day just how much Kennedy is growing up.  Before too long, I suspect that she'll be sitting up on her own.  She can do it with minimal support, and she loves it.  Much better than tummy time!  Have I mentioned what a sweet baby she is?  She wakes me up in the morning by kicking me.  What on Earth would she do if we didn't sleep together?  She wakes up such a happy baby.  I get some of the biggest smiles of all.  Each smile melts my heart more than the last.  I can't get enough of them.  This afternoon we snuggled up in bed, she looked me in the eyes and was smiling and cooing away.  This resulted in one of my "accidental naps" that I used to take when I was pregnant.  It was so good to snuggle up with her and have a nap on a rainy afternoon.  This is exactly how I wanted to spend our time the week before surgery. Tonight she sat in her high chair and played with her toys while I made dinner.  She is growing up way too fast!  I'm not ready for this.  I love seeing her learn and do new things, but it is also so hard seeing her grow up so quick!





I don't typically use the blog for product reviews, but I can't NOT address this one.  Anyone who has had to pump for any amount of time knows what a pain it can be (literally!)  I've read many reviews on Pumpin' Pals, and finally got a set.  Let me tell you, these things are amazing.  I was able to pump more milk, in less time, and COMPLETELY pain free.  These things have seriously changed my life.  They have given me a renewed feeling of confidence that I can pump for a year if I need to!  I highly recommend them (http://www.pumpinpal.com/).

It's so hard to believe that we're just around the corner from Kennedy's surgery.  That next week at this time, we'll be on our way to being recovered.  I am so thankful to all of our family who will be traveling or taking time off to spend with us over the next couple of weeks.  I am thankful for the family, friends, and for my readers who are all keeping Kennedy in their thoughts and prayers.  Everyone's words of kindness, encouragement and prayers mean the world to us.  This is what will get us through this challenge.  THANK YOU and keep those prayers coming over the next few weeks!

2 comments:

  1. I love the pictures. We have that same high chair for Emma! I will be thinking of your family. Hopefully we can set up a playdate soon with all the WCF cuties!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never heard of pumping pals. If i have another, i will look into it! I love cosleeping and think some of our best moments have been in bed. I never would have had that if she was in her crib. Which, she has never slept in, but i had to have the nicest, fanciest crib, before she was born! i hope everything goes smoothly next week and you two make it thru this hurdle.

    ReplyDelete