Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day! (Picture Overload)

Kennedy and I were FINALLY able to show off our secrets to daddy!  Anyone who knows me, knows I am horrible at keeping a secret.  When we found out we were pregnant, I was determined to keep it a secret until the second trimester.  I was barely eight weeks when I posted our exciting news on Facebook.  Needless to say, I was pretty excited when Kennedy woke up at the crack of dawn.

Daddy LOVED all of his surprises.  He had absolutely no idea what was going on or how I managed to get the photos done and everything together.  I was just proud of myself that I didn't blow the secret!  As I said in my last post, I was really excited to be able to spend Father's Day with not just my wonderful husband and the father of my daughter, but my dad.  It was the first Father's Day I've spent with him in about 10 years.  It was really great to give him the photo in the "Best Grandpa Ever" frame from Kennedy.  This weekend was a ton of fun, and we reminisced about all of the crazy things we did when I was younger.  Everything from making blue snow cones to searing for moose in New Hampshire.  My dad was always the photographer in the family, so there aren't a lot of pictures of us together, but one of my favorites is from before my wedding ceremony started.


In a way, Marlon and my dad have a lot in common.  My Dad traveled a lot when I was a child, but we always had an amazing relationship, and even though we only see each other a few times a year now, we have maintained that relationship.  Marlon and I have talked about having kids since we first started dating.  Okay - so that was almost 9 years ago - let's just say it gave me a lot of time to dream and imagine.  I knew Marlon would be a great father, but seeing him with Kennedy has shown me just how amazing he is.  The way he looks at her, the way talks to her.  The way that he makes her laugh and smile.  The things that he teaches her, and the silly things that he does when he's with her.  Not to mention - he never complains about changing a stinky butt or giving her a bottle - no matter how many hours he's worked that week.  I'm really lucky to have such an amazing husband and father for our daughter.  I know that as she grows up they will have an amazing relationship.  I love to watch them interact, and right now I'm looking at Kennedy all snuggled up on daddy's chest.  Such a precious sight. 

Okay - enough of the mushy gushy stuff.  Today Kennedy turned four months old!  I can't believe how fast the time has gone, and how much our baby girl is growing up.  Though she may still be small, she has a huge personality and is so much fun.  I will say it once again - I don't know what life was like before her, and I know it will get better and better!  Now, on to the pictures I promised everyone. 

Grandpa finally seeing his granddaughter again - last time he was here, she was only a week old!

"Mom, please tell me you're kidding?  Grandpa CANNOT leave this backdrop here."


Proud Daddy tickling his baby girl!

Look guys!  I got good at this posing thing the other day when Mommy took me to the mall.


Kennedy is excited about all of the new clothes she gets to wear now that she's in her 3-6 month size.

 "Are you really making me do this, Mom?"

 Our Beautiful Family

Proud Grandpa getting in his last minute snuggles before he has to head back to New York. 

2 comments:

  1. So cute!!! I know it's my first time commenting, but I've been following your blog from the start! You guys are such an awesome little family! I wish I could be out there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! Glad we found each other :)

    ReplyDelete