Sunday, May 6, 2012

On The Go

I'm sure no one expects regular blog posts from me any more.  That is, if I still have any followers!  The past week has shown me that Kennedy is getting faster by the day and I'm getting slower by the day.  Last night it took me 40 minutes to get her into her pajamas, and we ended up doing so in the foyer.  Which was where I finally caught up to her, and was able to hold onto her for long enough. 

I've seen a number of articles over the past couple of weeks that bring tears to my eyes.  Tears of joy and happiness for these young individuals who are experiencing a dream come true. 

Texas High School Prom Queen!
Iowa Student Crowned Prom Queen!
New York Prom King!

I love to hear stories of dreams coming true, especially when those involved, just so happen to have an extra chromosome, like Kennedy. 

I did finally get some really great family photos from our trip last month, and I have some other adorable photos of Kennedy.  But I'm way too tired to upload them tonight.  Most people are exhausted because their baby keeps them up all night.  Not me.  I'm exhausted because we have this obnoxious bird that starts squawking loudly around 6am.  It's been over a week since I've had a decent night of sleep, and I'm definitely feeling the effects.  I promise, I'll try to get to the pictures earlier tomorrow.  In the mean time, here's a really cute video of miss Kennedy playing with her stage this afternoon!



1 comment:

  1. I'm still following and reading! I saw this article today, and thought of Kennedy: http://www.nads.org/pages_new/news/ruletheworld.html It's about what the world would be like if people with DS ruled the world - a much better place all-round, let me tell you!
    Love the video!

    ReplyDelete