Monday, May 28, 2012

A Lazy Weekend Photo Dump

First let me say that my family is grateful for the men and women who have sacrificed in many many ways to serve our country. 

It has been nice to have daddy home for an extra day this weekend, even if we didn't do much.  Kennedy's social calendar included her friend's 2nd  birthday party yesterday, which I sadly did not take many pictures at.  After we left the party my husband and I were sharing our thoughts about the day.  Last year at his birthday party Kennedy was just 3.5 months old and slept through the majority of the party.  We knew we were approaching the dreaded open heart surgery, stressing over her weight gain or lack of, and felt like the days would never pass.  This year, Kennedy went swimming.  And she spent much of the party crawling around, playing with her friends (and balloons), and being a food bully.  Kennedy is NOT easily intimidated even in large crowds, and she's not afraid to crawl up and steal your food either.  It was nice to be chasing her around pulling random objects out of her mouth and keeping her from stealing food, rather than the thought of surgery looming in my head.  We have come so far in just a year.   

The rest of the weekend we enjoyed some time outdoors with the water table and at the pool, but unfortunately, today did not bring pool weather.  We were lucky to fit in a quick trip to the park this morning before the storms arrived.  That made Kennedy petty excited.  With temperatures in the 90s, it's been pretty impossible to swing lately. 

Here's a few pictures from our weekend!

Daddy has no idea that my favorite part is throwing cups of water on people.

Look at my fancy shoes!

This is so much fun!

 Hey daddy, you aren't going to dump that on me right?

 Hey mom, can you go get the ball I threw into the street?

I'm such a big girl these days.

Yay!!  Swings!

I still think we need them at home.

Hey mom, what are you doing over there?




2 comments:

  1. oh my gosh these pics are so cute. She is such a big girl and i am so proud of all of you. You have all come a long way. I so look forward to these posts, they really make my day. Love to you all.
    Love Gramma

    ReplyDelete