Thursday, April 5, 2012

Searching...

It's been almost one year since I started this blog.  When I first started, it was more for therapy, to get my feelings out.  To document things.  Then I thought of it as a way to keep friends and family informed with what was going on.  Before long, I started seeing more and more readers and over the past year I've even been in contact with many people who stumbled across my blog.  People who have children with Down syndrome, people who are expecting a baby with Down syndrome or a heart defect, and some people that have no connection to Down syndrome, but some how stumbled upon it, and became hooked.  I suspect Kennedy's sweet little face may have had something to do with that. 

It always amazes me when I look at the keywords that people searched for, and found my blog.  One of them this week was "av canal repair surgery photos."  I hope that my blog has helped that person prepare for what may be ahead for them.  Another one was "hair like Kennedy's."  This one made me chuckle a little.  I'm always getting compliments on how great Kennedy's hair is - some of her little friends have serious "piggy envy" as we call it.  But I'm not sure that reader found what they were looking for when they got to my page! 

At the end of the day, knowing that even one person has gotten some useful information or has benefited in some way from my blog makes me feel good. 

With that I'll leave you with two pictures of my little princess.  We are most definitely enjoying the chance to be outdoors!

Grandma this is fun!  Will you buy me a pool?

And a swing set???

2 comments:

  1. I will always be grateful that you blog. Pictures of Kennedy's heart surgery helped me so much through Hailey's surgery. I always found it ironic that they were born a week apart and their surgeries were a week apart. I love them searching "hair like Kennedy's"!!! We have serious piggy envy here!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fall into that last category - stumbled across your blog, and that sweet face got me hooked! <3

    ReplyDelete