Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Midnight Milestones and Other Antics From Kennedy

Kennedy is growing up.  Becoming much more mobile.  She learns more and more every day.  This is such a fun age, but she's also getting hard to keep up with!

She has started escaping from play areas...  I caught her trying to get out the front door yesterday.  Good thing our house is mostly baby proofed....

 I didn't do anything.  I didn't try going anywhere.  I'm not guilty at all.

Last night I went to bed, and just as I was getting comfortable and dozing off, I felt something on my hip.  I rolled over to see Kennedy sitting on the bed with a huge smile on her face.  Two minutes before that she was sleeping on her belly.  She then continued to show me over and over how she could now go from her belly to sitting up.  I always say that we celebrate all milestones and I could not be more proud.  But practicing this from 11pm until 1am was a bit extreme.  Hopefully we all get a better night of sleep tonight.  (Though, for that to happen, I'm pretty sure I should be sleeping not blogging.)  

What else has Kennedy been up to?  Let's see, she has 3 ball poppers.  The most annoying part of all of them is that the balls fly every where, and I used to have to chase after them constantly.  Now that Kennedy is mobile, she is willing to fetch them, when they bounce out.  However, she has discovered the art of throwing balls.  She laughs every time she foes it and then waits patiently for you to retrieve it and throw it back.  Okay, so maybe she isn't very patient.  This afternoon she was standing and eating Cheerios off the ottoman.  When the Cheerios were gone, she got down on the floor, then laid down, and rolled over, in search of any lost Cheerios that she may have dropped.  It was a pretty silly sight to see. 

I'm pretty sure I dropped a few mom.

Did they go UNDER the ottoman?

Must. Find. Cheerios.


No comments:

Post a Comment