Monday, April 16, 2012

Flying High (And Other Ramblings)

I'm not even going to try to make excuses for my lack of blogging anymore.  Some day life will settle down and I'll have the time to keep everyone up to date more.  Or maybe if I set the expectation that I won't be blogging much, I'll somehow find the time to prove myself wrong.

If you've been reading the blog since the beginning, or even sometime after Kennedy's surgery, you've probably picked up on the fact that we travel quite a bit.  Kennedy has been on several road trips totaling over 10,000 mils.  And she's stayed in more hotels than I can count.  Fortunately for us, she's an excellent little traveler.  But seeing as how we've made three road trips to the Virginia/Carolina area since I've been pregnant with Caleb, we decided to do something a little different this time.  FLYING!  The only way that mommy was taking another trip to Virginia, was if it was on an airplane.  Being 6 months pregnant, there was not a 13+ hour road trip anywhere in my future.  Of course, last Thursday I was questioning our decision to fly, as I tried to pack everything we would need for 9 days, into luggage suitable for air travel.  Unfortunately for Kennedy, this meant that we had to leave ball poppers and pool floats at home.

I'm so excited!  Mommy says we're going to another hotel!

Helping with laundry is hysterical.

Don't forget daddy's gym socks.

Yes, we were "those" people in the airport.

 While waiting for Marlon to park the car, I hung out with our massive pile of luggage.  Everyone was looking at Kennedy, and despite the fact that it was a late night followed by an early morning, Kennedy was in a great mood and was hamming it up for everyone.  Including winking at a man when he got out of a cab.  In fact, she was such a ham that he walked straight into a glass door while looking at her.  After maneuvering our way through the airport, getting checked in, and through security our first stop was Starbucks, of course.  Followed by the overpriced airport gift shop.  Kennedy DEFINITELY needed an overpriced monkey that said "Tampa" on it.  In my defense, I knew it would provide significant amusement over the next few hours.  

Mommy says my monkey is silly like me.   I have no idea what she's talking about...

Was I right about the monkey or what?  

Getting ready to board.  Kennedy was still highly amused by the new monkey.

Terrible photo quality.  But we HAD to have a first flight photo.

The flight was just under 2 hours and Kennedy was an angel.  She could not have been more perfect.  She ate, drank milk, played on my lap, and took a nap.  As we were getting off the plane, the family in the row behind us commented that they had NO idea that there was a baby in front of them.

I have some really great family photos that I'm excited to soon as I get them from my uncle!  In the mean time, here are some snapshots from the weekend!  We had a wonderful time with my family and Kennedy enjoyed her first Passover celebration!

Play time with Great Grandma!

Quality time with daddy!

Mommy, I'm starving!!!

Give. Me. Soup.

My first matzo ball!  Pass me more please.

No one minds if I play with my food for entertainment.  Right?

Oh? Was I supposed to be listening?

A special ice cream treat!

Spending time with Grandpa!

And some quality time with Aunt Michelle.

I love to party with my family!

Visiting with Great Grandma before leaving for North Carolina.

I'm so excited!  I love this hotel...

...and everyone here loves me!

And on one last note, I just have to mention how difficult it has been to get Kennedy to go to sleep lately.  Now that she's more mobile she just wants to go go go.  Tonight I kept laying her down, and she'd go right back to sitting.  This little girl cracks me up!  Even though I wasn't laughing so hard after 40 minutes of this. 


  1. I love your blog! My two month old daughter has Down syndrome and had her OHS two weeks ago. We had a prenatal diagnosis and your blog really how'd me during my pregnancy. It was awesome to see how truly normal our lives would be! And even though Lauren is just over two weeks post-op, our lives are normal....well as normal as life can be with a 2 year old boy and a new baby ;)

    1. Congratulations on your daughter and getting through OHS! I'm sure you are so relieved! I'm glad that you found my blog helpful and have discovered how "normal" life is! :)

  2. Yes, it's official. She's getting cuter by the day! It's so nice that she's such a good traveler!