Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Diagnosis: Amazing

Kennedy had her 9 month well baby appointment today, and it went GREAT!  She's weighing in at 16lbs 9oz and is 26.75 inches!  It is so hard to believe how much she's grown.  It's even harder to believe how far we've come.  That at one point we were stressing over heart surgery and weight gain.  That we were practically force feeding her, and now I can't keep up with how much she wants to eat.  I think it hits me more every day.  She's truly turning into a little girl before my eyes.  Dr. Perkins was thrilled with her growth, her muscle tone, and her eating habits.  She also confirmed that she doesn't have the significant low tone that most babies with Down syndrome have.  She was amazed at how well she's doing developmentally and despite the PT's lack of enthusiasm for her backwards crawl, she was very happy!  She said, she's amazing.  And that she is.  She's been through so much and has proven that she's not going to let anyone tell her what she can and can't do.

We also had another very successful EI session.  Kennedy was full of things to say, was happy to play with the cups that Miss Amanda brought her, and she was full of smiles and giggles.  I think it's finally safe to say that we've reached a new milestone with EI.  Now hopefully we can build the same relationship with a new PT. 

And now, here's a few pictures and a video.  Kennedy LOVES to give kisses these days.  It may or may not have something to do with the fact that her father and I give her about 100 or more kisses a day.  But Kennedy's kisses are extra special.  They are wide-open-mouth-slobbery kisses.  And she has to grab at your face and neck while she does it.  It's completely adorable.  And she may or may not sneak a bite or two of your nose.

Here's a video of Kennedy attacking Grandma for kisses today!

Today was also her first experience with scrambled eggs.  Over all, it seems to have been a success.

Would you eat dry toast mom? Can't I have some jelly?

Look mom, eggs!

I got some in my mouth, some in my lap, some on the floor...now I'll get them in my hair.

Take this mom!

2 comments:

  1. She's too cute!!! I love the slobbery kisses. Hailey gives them way more than the boys did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad the doctor echoed my own thoughts on Kennedy. She really is doing great. When you factor in Ds and OHS, she is doing remarkable!

    ReplyDelete