Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thankful for Kennedy (And Other Random Updates)

We've had a pretty busy week and some of you may have noticed, I've been slacking a little in the blogging department.  I think I'm finally taking a much needed break after all of my awareness posts!  I will have lots of pictures tomorrow, which will most likely be posted upon my return from shopping on Friday.

The week was kicked off with another birthday party.  Kennedy once again enjoyed her cake and party hat! 




The crazy bath time baby also struck again.  It's completely hysterical to watch.  But don't give her a bath unless you're prepared to be soaked, and to clean the bathroom.


And who can forget about PT and EI?  I figured this weeks sessions were going to be off to a rough start when Kennedy fell asleep 10 minutes before her PT showed up.  Apparently she thought this was a good way to get out of working.


However, that didn't work.  And for the first time ever, she managed to only scream through half of her PT session.  The rest was all smiles.  I was a little concerned that this meant EI would be a disaster.  After all, what are the chances we could have two successful sessions in one week?  Well, we hit the lottery jackpot this week!  I'm proud to say that for the first time in 6 months, we made it through an ENTIRE session of EI, and we didn't have one tear.  Amanda was really excited, and so was mama. 

Kennedy also figured out how to scoot herself backwards this week.  At one point she ended up off her play mat and against the sliding glass door, and the other time she ended up under the table.  Note - she won't do it when we're in the room.

Mommmmmmy!  Help!!!  I'm stuck!!!

Someone posted a question on Facebook, about what's the ONE thing you're most thankful for.  Of course I'm thankful for my amazing husband and wonderful family. But most of all, I'm thankful for Kennedy.  She has opened my eyes and taught me so much in 9 short months.  She's changed my life in ways that I never imagined.  She's shown strength and determination.  And she's been through more in 9 months than I have in almost 30 years, but always comes out on top.  She's a fighter and I could not be more proud, or any more in love.  I am thankful to be celebrating this Thanksgiving with my husband and my big girl! (And the Grandmas!)  

Kennedy, Marlon and I wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment