Sunday, April 17, 2011

It Amazes Me...

I will never get over the enormous amount of support that we have received from so many people over the past eight weeks.  I've talked a lot about the support we've received from the people closest to us.  Of course, you expect that from your family and friends, and many people have gone above and beyond what we could have ever imagined.  Of course, you expect support from your family and friends, and most of the time you get it.  But, that's not always the case.  Sadly, this experience has taught my husband and I a lot about who our true friends are.  It has also taught us how amazing people are.  

I'm a part of a few message boards and online groups, and I'm always in awe at the number of people who are following Kennedy's story and who have reached out to provide advice, support, encouragement, or just words of kindness.  After Kennedy was born and we received her diagnosis there was an outpouring of support.  Upon posting her birth announcement on these message boards, we received hundreds of comments and well wishes.  Since starting this blog so many people have reached out to tell me what a great job we're doing, and that they are always thinking of us.  People that I haven't spoken to in years.  People that I don't know.  People that live across the world, and people that live around the corner.

It brings tears to my eyes when I think of all the people that are sending good thoughts and prayers to Kennedy and our family. 


1 comment:

  1. You take care of Kennedy and we will take care of the prayers xo

    ReplyDelete