Saturday, January 19, 2013

23 Months!

I seem to be getting worse and worse with this blogging thing.  Is it the fact that I have an almost 2 year old (gasp!) and a 5 month old?  The fact that there's always laundry to be done, dishes to wash, toys to pick up?  Birthday party plans/projects to be done/made?  I'm pretty sure that this all contributes to my lack of blogging.  But more than anything,  I'm finding that I have less and less to talk about.  I figure, people aren't all that interested in what we do every single day.  Or in the 500 pictures I take a week.

Both kids are growing up at lightning speed.  Kennedy is 23 months old today.  In one month, we'll have a 2 year old!!!  She's learning more and more by the day.  Her motor skills are increasing like crazy.  She now insists on carrying things up the stairs, walks with pillows the size of her, runs, climbs, etc.  She finds something new to get into every day.  Today we caught her carrying around a container of guacamole and an onion.  And I don't mean from her play kitchen.  Her receptive language is growing by leaps and bounds.  She is signing and imitating more and more, and we're starting to see more progress in her expressive language.  We could not be more proud of her.  She is at such a fun age.  Except when she grabs her brother's face.  Or has a tantrum because I won't share my turtle mocha with her.  But even when she has a tantrum, she's adorable.

I guess what I'm getting at is that our life is normal.  There are days I don't think about Down syndrome.  We're getting back into our therapy routine.  We love our developmental therapist and she was very pleased with how well Kennedy is doing.  Even on the days I do think about Down syndrome, it's just that.  The same way I think about grocery shopping or paying bills.  Just a part of life.  It's not what defines Kennedy, but it is just a part of who she is.

Here are some photos and videos from the past week or so.



Hey dad, can you teach me more about football?

Yeah, I know, I'm a big boy now.

My first train ride!

I love to feed my babies.

 Why is my baby's milk orange?

Hey sissy, come play?

Sitting at my table. Outside. In short sleeves. And 3 days later it snowed.  

 Hey mom, I'm going to take this sample of diapers upstairs.

Chillin' at the mall.  In my skinny jeans and boots.  

I love you brother.

Ssshhhh...It's 1am.  I'm playing with sissy's toys while she sleeps.

Driving a convertible at the museum. Dad, can I have one?

Fake food is good. 


No comments:

Post a Comment