Thursday, January 12, 2012

Taking a Break

I've said it before, we never take advantage of everything that Florida has to offer.  I'm trying to be better about it.  When Marlon's cousin told us she would be at Clearwater Beach for a conference, we found it the perfect time for a quick getaway to the other side of the Bay.  After all the stress of therapies and Early Intervention this week, this mama was ready for a break!  (I'm saving that drama for another post.)  And anyway, we all know what a beach baby Kennedy is, and even though it was a bit too cool for swimming, she had a blast!  It was just what we needed.  A day to forget about Down syndrome.  I've spent my week obsessing, crying, and stressing over therapies and how much I'm doing or not doing for Kennedy.  It was so great to take a day and not worry about any of that!  It will all be there Monday.

Mom, sand is really fun.  But it tastes funny.

I can't believe there are swings at the beach!! Life doesn't get better than this!

View from our room.

I really love hotels mom.  Can I please have one for my birthday?








1 comment:

  1. So glad that you are enjoying a much deserved break! Have a great weekend. Hope to see you soon. Shannon and Paisley

    ReplyDelete