Tuesday, January 10, 2012

2 For 2: Happy Birthday Nella

It's hard to believe that Kennedy is almost one.  It's hard to believe that one year ago at this time, I had no idea how my life was about to change.  After Kennedy was born a good friend of mine sent me the link to Kelle Hampton's blog, Enjoying the Small Things.  It touched me immediately and brought me to tears.  I could relate.  I was having the same feelings that Kelle had when her daughter, Nella was born.  And now, almost a year later I'm once again brought to tears by her recent blog post.  Nella is about to turn two now, and they are celebrating something extra.  Just how wonderful life with Down syndrome is.  Last year, for Nella's first birthday, Kelle started a campaign to raise money for the NDSS, whose mission is to be the national advocate fo the value, acceptance and inclusion of people with Down syndrome.  She set her goal at $15,000, and raised over $100,000.  This year her goal is to reach $200,000 by her second birthday.  Which means there's only about $75,000 to go.

Yes, I know $75,000 is a lot of money.  But her blog has over 16,000 followers.  I know, my 111 followers really don't compare to that, but if everyone even gave a few dollars, it would add up.  I know I'm not the only one sharing this.  Together, we can all make a difference.  Click here to donate to Nella's 2for2 Campaign.

And Happy Birthday Nella! 

No comments:

Post a Comment