Thursday, December 8, 2011

Hope Haven Visit and Photos!

We had our visit at Hope Haven in Jacksonville yesterday!  It was WONDERFUL!  I cannot say enough good things about everyone we met there.  They are such sweet people and have so much information and knowledge to share.  We were able to meet with a speech and physical therapist.  Unfortunately, the occupational therapist was out due to childcare issues, which was a little disappointing but the others were able to answer most of our questions and address our concerns.  There was also an educational session, where we were able to discuss all of her cognitive skills, education, learning, etc.  I really cannot say enough wonderful things about everyone that we worked with yesterday.  I look forward to receiving our full report in a few weeks, and I'm excited to go back next year!  There is a lengthy waiting list, but I encourage anyone that's able to take part in it, to do so!  We also met some other children and their parents.  There was one little girl in particular that reminded me of Kennedy.  She was 18 months old and so busy!  Running around, playing with toys.  I can just see Kennedy doing those things when we go back next year.

Okay, and here are the long awaited Christmas photos, taken by my good friend, Stephanie Willson.  She was wonderful to squeeze us into her busy schedule right before we went out of town.  Kennedy was less than thrilled for the family shots (someone was a little sleepy and apparently mommy and daddy are the only ones to make her smile.)









Here are some other quick cell phone photos that show off all of her adorablenes!

Another hotel! I'm so excited mommy!

 I can't wait to meet the people at Hope Haven!  And go to another hotel!

I like this hotel.  But not so much the hat and jacket.  This really is the land of the chilly people, huh?

This is more my style mommy!

3 comments:

  1. OMG your daughter is absolutely adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that your appointment at Hope Haven went well! Love your family pics (even if Kennedy wouldn't smile!). She is such a cutie! Can't wait to see the pics of her as Christmas comes and she is opening packages...I have a feeling she is going to love the paper! Tell Miss Kennedy that she is lucky...hats and coats are every day attire here right now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. adorable photos! I love reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete