Sunday, August 21, 2011

A Letter to Kennedy

Kennedy turned six months old on Friday!  I'm still not sure where the time has gone.  People always say time flies when you have kids, but this is worse than I ever imagined!  In addition to this blog, I keep a notebook of all the little things Kennedy does.  Before Kennedy was born, someone gave me the best piece of advice I've gotten.  Write everything down.  I didn't know just how significant that advice was at the time, but I can honestly say, it's by far one of the most important things I've been told.  So that's what I do.   I write about all of the things she accomplishes, the cute noises she makes and all the funny faces.  And on the 19th of each month I write her a little letter.  Most of them say the same things.  But this month's was a little bit different.

Dear Kennedy, 

You're six months old today!  You are growing up so fast.  You're not my sleepy little newborn anymore, but a little girl who is full of curiosity, strength and determination.  Your heart is full of love.  Your smiles and giggles are endless and warm the hearts of everyone who meets you.  



In the past six months you have been through more than your mommy and daddy have in their lifetimes.  You soared through open heart surgery and recovered like the super star that you always have been.  Here it is, just six weeks later and you've grown so much since then.  You are full of even more energy, and ready to take on the world and everything it has to offer.  Since your surgery you have a new love for tummy time and sitting up.  You're pushing up on your hands and trying to crawl.  You can sit on your own for almost a minute.  We started swimming again this week and you love the pool more than ever.  I think you're going to play soccer when you get bigger.  You love to kick your feet and everything with in reach.  You always have something to say.  All of your noises and expressions are adorable.  We're going to have a lot to celebrate when you turn one. 


Mommy and daddy love you more than anything.  Your smiles and giggles make us so happy.  We are so incredibly proud of everything that you have overcome and everything that you do.   You have already touched the lives of many.  Words cannot express our love for you.  They also can't express the amount of joy and happiness that you have brought into our family.  


Happy six months Kennedy!!  Mommy and Daddy love you!!


We spent nearly five months worrying about surgery, and everyone telling me that it would be okay, and soon be a distant memory.  I couldn't believe that it would EVER feel like a distant memory.  But here we are, nearly seven weeks post-op, and I feel like surgery was an eternity ago.  We can finally live our lives the way we dreamed of when I was pregnant.  We can do all the things we wanted to with Kennedy.  We're about to embark on our first true family vacation, as a family of three, and I couldn't be more excited.  (Even if it does mean packing up half the house.) 

And now for the real reason you all come here, I'm including some adorable pictures of Kennedy, and a video for proof that she'll do just fine on our 13+ hour road trip this week.

If I can just get up on my other arm, I've got to be able to figure out this crawling thing!

What do you mean I used to hate tummy time?  This is a pretty cool perspective on life mom.

Don't forget my toys for the road trip this week! 
 


1 comment:

  1. God I Love You Kennedy Happy 6 months little girl. I hope you have a great vacation but i am truly going to miss you. Please make sure that mommy takes lots of pix and sends them to me while you are gone. Kennedy don't forget how much Gramma loves you.
    Love Gramma xoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete