Sunday, September 2, 2012

On the Run

Go, go, go.  That's been the theme around our house lately.  You would never imagine that I just had a baby a few weeks ago with the way our schedule is.  With two kids the days go faster than ever, and some days it feels like they are gone in an instant.  My almost four week old is already outgrowing his 3 month clothes.  And my 18.5 month old is starting to outgrow her 12 month clothes!  Two kids and life in general make me a bad blogger. 

Unfortunately, my blogging is likely to get worse before it gets better.  Big things are happening, again.  We recently found out that we're being relocated to North Carolina.  Something I have very mixed emotions on.  I'm excited because it means daddy won't be traveling as much.  And because we'll be living closer to family.  Kennedy can grow up with her cousins.  We have some great friends there already, which is also exciting.  But at the same time, I'm sad to leave our friends, the connections we have made here.  Playgroups, doctors, therapists, midwives, friends, family, etc.  I know we will keep in touch and we'll visit frequently, but it is definitely bittersweet.

While I'm sad to be leaving our friends behind here, I'm eager to make new friends and new connections.  I have friends from message boards that live there, so I'm excited to meet everyone.  I've already been in contact with the Down syndrome Association there, and I'm excited about the events and groups that they have.  We will be participating in the Step Up for Down Syndrome Celebration when we are visiting North Carolina in a few weeks.  I'm confident that we will make many new connections and North Carolina will once again feel like home in no time.  Of course, it helps that we lived there several years ago. 

In other news, Kennedy is still working hard on walking.  In fact, she's borderline running with some of her push toys.  Now, if only I could teach her how to turn them.  As of now, when she gets to the end of the hall.  Or random objects, like walls, doors, furniture, etc. she sits down and cries. 

And some photos from the past week:
Going to the doctor is fun!  When I'm not the patient...
Look at my new climbing gym!
Oops, was I speeding?
I hate when I run into the furniture. Mooooooom, help!
Do I look like I want a nap?
And one of quickly growing Mr. Caleb.

No comments:

Post a Comment