Sunday, August 26, 2012

Weekend Wrap Up - Big Steps

Wow!  What a busy weekend.  I think we've felt a little guilty that Kennedy has been stuck in the house so much.  Combine that with wanting to reward her for being such a wonderful big sister, we made sure that she had a blast all weekend, despite some lousy weather.  So in the past 48 hours we went to Busch Gardens, an indoor play center and the park.  I'm really not sure who is more exhausted. 

And there's one thing I always say.  There's a few ways to get Kennedy to do something. 
1) Blog about how she's NOT doing it.
2) Express concern to the therapists about how she's not doing it.
3) Stop practicing it.

As I mentioned in my last post, I felt like we weren't getting anywhere with speech and communication.  Kennedy has made it clear that she has a pretty good understanding of things.  She can follow simple commands and recognizes objects.  But we've been at a frustrating standstill with her language or signing skills.  Since I blogged about my frustrations the other day, Kennedy decided to prove me wrong.  She started signing eat and more this weekend.  Did I mention that we had cut back on the amount of work we were doing with signing, per our speech therapists suggestion.  And now she's going to start signing.  That's my girl! 

I also finally got a video of her walking with her push toy.  I've been trying to catch this on video for awhile, but I never seem to have my phone or video camera on me at the right moment.  Or when I do, she's so distracted by it, that she doesn't walk.  One of these days, she's going to be walking on her own!  I am voting sooner than later. 


And here are some photos from the weekend.

Mom, why does it always rain?

Oh my gosh the carousel is so much fun!

The elephants are really funny mommy!

It's been so long since I've been swinging!

Push me higher daddy!

Don't stop!

I love the swings! Can't we get some.

Catch me daddy!

Peek-a-boo people!

Oooooh!!! Catch me daddy!

Peek-a-boo daddy!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go, Kennedy. Sounds like an awfully ambitious weekend with such a little guy in tow. Glad you had fun and that Kennedy has decided to show you up!

    ReplyDelete