Friday, June 22, 2012

Mess Making Skills

I try to plan activities every week that coordinate with developing Kennedy's skills like speech, fine motor, gross motor, cognitive, social, etc.  This has been a long week full of appointments, and rain, so we had minimal swim time.  The weekend isn't looking much better with the chance of a tropical storm headed our way.  So today it was time to get creative.  We worked on Kennedy's mess making skills, and let me tell you, this girl did an AMAZING job! 

I made finger paint out of pudding and food coloring and put her in the giant bath tub and let her go to town creating her own masterpiece all over the tub.  She had a blast and I didn't have to worry about what happened if she ate the "paint."  In fact, before working on her masterpiece she got to partake in the yummy goodness of vanilla pudding! 

Freshly prepared finger pudding paint!

Bring it on mom!  I'm ready!

I need to taste my supplies first.

What do you mean I'm not supposed to eat it all?

I'll paint a mural.

You're right mom!  This is fun!

 Can we do this more often?

Can we leave this for daddy to see?

 Look what I did mom!

I love the way this paint tastes!

This is the best thing ever!

Just a few last minute touches.

Can we do it again tomorrow???

2 comments:

  1. Ohhhh.... Love it! I think I need to borrow this idea soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea you are such a great mom. Kennedy is so lucky to have you. And i am so lucky to have both of you.
    Love you all.
    Love Gramma

    ReplyDelete