Sunday, February 19, 2012

Happy 1st Birthday!!!

Wow.  Here we are.  One year later.  It's so hard to believe that one year ago I was sitting in the NICU shocked and scared.  If only I knew.  I had no idea how wonderful our life would be.  All I could think about was open heart surgery and the future.  One year later, we've survived open heart surgery, and Kennedy is doing amazing.  We have had ups and downs, but definitely more ups.  We have made wonderful memories as a family, and I have wonderful memories of Kennedy's first year.  Sometimes I still worry about the future, but more than anything I look forward to seeing how Kennedy grows and what she will become.  Of course, let's not rush that.  I had enough tears over her 1st birthday, I can't even think about when she's 5, 10 or even 20 years old. 

Kennedy had my heart from the moment she was born.  Her laugh and smiles make me melt.  I cannot get enough of them, and although she was overwhelmed and got tired during her party, yesterday was no exception.  We had a wonderful crowd of about 35 friends and family who came to celebrate Kennedy's 1st Birthday!  It was so much fun watching her interact with all of the kids and play with her new toys.  She was pretty tired when it came time to dig into her cake, but she poked her fingers around it, and we plan to give it to her again today.  She got a second wind and was able to help daddy open her presents.

Here are some - okay - A LOT of pictures from the day!  She passed out at 7pm, after eating her last dish of meatballs, and I expected her to sleep through the night, waking up refreshed and ready to play.  Mommy was wrong.  Kennedy woke up promptly at 9pm, refreshed and ready to play!

Mommy, my tutu feels funny.  Do I have to keep it on?

Kennedy's photo banner!  By far, my favorite project and part of the decor.

Kennedy had a lot of fun playing with her friends!

Yes...she had a monkey on her butt. Did you expect anything less for this diva?

Kennedy's smash cake!

Daddy I'm so tired, I just don't know if I can take any more partying.

Well this is interesting, but mom...I'm REALLY sleepy.

Hugs from special friends.

Daddy can you open that faster?

Oh I've been wanting one of those daddy!

Oh my goodness this elephant is so much fun mommy!!

Come on Riley, let's go for a ride.

Mom, enough pictures. I want to play with my toys.

Hey guys stop kissing me in front of all my friends!

Meatballs please?

I woke up from my nap, I'm ready to play.

These beads are really neat mom.

I really wish I wasn't so short, I just can't get these beads all the way to the top.

Thanks for the toy Grandpa!  This is really fun!

This is the perfect toy to stand up with, I can't knock it over.

Thanks for my elephant Grandma!  I love it!

Daddy you are so silly!  Do it again!

I need to call peeps and thank them for the gifts.

This ball makes funny noises.  But it also tastes good.

A little note to Kennedy:
 
Happy 1st Birthday Kennedy!!  Mommy and daddy love you so very much.  You have changed our lives in ways we never imagined and we are so lucky to have you as our daughter.  You brighten our lives and bring sunshine to every day.  I cannot tell you how proud we are of all that you do.  You have come so far in the past year and overcome more in just a few short months than some people do in a lifetime.  We are so excited for the next year of memories and adventures!  We cannot wait to see you with your little brother this summer!

And just for the sake of memories, I wanted to share a photo from each month over the past year.  I'm still amazed at how much she changed from month to month and I cannot wait to see how she changes over the next year.

Newborn

1 month

2 months

3 months

4 months

5 months

 6 months

7 months

 8 months
9 months

10 months

11 months
 

12 months


6 comments:

  1. So unbelievably cute! It looks like she had so much fun, and I hope you did too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Kennedy! I loved looking at your pictures! You are a wonderful little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Kennedy!
    I really love seeing all of her pictures :) She's such a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday, Kennedy! I loved seeing pictures from the past year.

    ReplyDelete