Monday, February 4, 2013

Late Night Photo Dump & Update

Blog fail.  Again.  Are you surprised?  Is anyone still reading?

Things have been busy.  It's very rare that I get any free time, and quite honestly, when I do, I'd rather not spend it blogging.  And I'm pretty sure that no one cares about what we do on a day to day basis, which is mostly what I write about these days.  There was a pretty controversial piece on the Today show earlier in the week, which left me pretty disgusted.  I had considered putting together a post on that.  But then I decided that I needed a break from writing about the negativity and ignorance of people, because as hard as I try, I can't change the world.

I will say, I'm thankful for the wonderful group of friends that Down syndrome has given me.  Some are online.  I've never met most of them, and probably never will.  But some I have.  And earlier in the week I had the opportunity to meet a great group of women in my area, all moms to little ones with a little something extra.  It was great to get out and make friends in the area, but especially friends that can relate.

We've been spending time with family.  Have I mentioned how much Kennedy really enjoys playing with her cousins?  Or maybe I should say that she enjoys playing with their feet.  See exhibit A below.



Kennedy and her brother are also playing together so well lately.  I absolutely love watching them together.  Sometimes they play, and sometimes they have conversation in their own language.  


And here are a few more random photos.  
(ETA: A lot of random photos.)

We had one nice day, where we stayed outside for HOURS!  Kennedy loved her chalk.

Excuse me? Who's that big girl?  That one on the BIG GIRL swing!!!!

Mom, I told you not to photograph bed head.

Just layin' in the driveway listening to music.

Do it like this brother!!!

Playing music and dancing for Mickey!

Not in focus. But oh so cute.

I caught you brother!

Play Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes, Caleb?

Singing and dancing with brother!

Watch brother, you stack like this.

 Fun with friends!

Are you going to help me?


Dancing to the half time show.

Brother/Sister kisses!


Dancing/singing fool!!

I'm not sleepy.

Dancing maniac!

G'night.


3 comments:

  1. Wow! This may be off topic, but I've been thinking nonstop about whether or not to have another child. I keep going back and forth and my main reason to do it would be for Cora to have a sibling. But sometimes I think that's not a good enough reason. There are so many reasons that I am hesitating. But seeing Kennedy and Caleb together makes my heart sing. How amazing for the two of them. Definitely gives me a little bit of heartfelt perspective. (And I like hearing your day to day.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it, do it, do it!!!! I cannot even tell you how amazing the bond between them already is. As much as its hard sometimes, and my poor blog suffers more and more neglect, it's the best thing we could have ever done. My heart melts more every day seeing them play together. They absolutely adore each other!

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh!!! Where did you get those pink leg warmers?!?!?!? They are just too darn cute!

    ReplyDelete